Lately, I have found myself being negative. . .Negative about not knowing what step is next for Danny and I, negative about what I am doing right now to contribute to the world, negative about continuing to live in my parent's basement with no clear direction, negative about my lack of sleep due to Theo, negative about my crazy days where I get nothing done when hanging out with Zeke and Theo. Unfortunately, I could go on. All this negativity only hurts me, my family, and my relationship with Jesus. I have so much to be thankful for and my attitude should reflect that.
So, I am trying a challenge from aholyexperience.com
To give thanks or to not give thanks
I want to choose to give thanks and make a list of 1000 things I am thankful, an endless list of found Beauty, a chance to give intentional thanks
And so today, I begin with a few. . .
- a chubby little boy with a big smile
- a big brother who loves his Baby Wheo
- the quiet of the night while feeding my son
- two cute little boys dressed as frogs causing people to smile
- a husband who loves the LORD and seeks to lead our family
- the opportunity to wait on the LORD
- my parents and their willingness to allow us to invade their home for 5 months. . .
- the sound of "Hi Mama" with a big smile
- Clean cloth diapers
- the magic of play
- the colors of Fall
- the fun in leaves
- going to church as a family
- your word
- a challenging Bible study
- feeling better after having a cold
- a hug from a two year old
- a quiet house
- nap time